, aug 8th 2007). Pls know, all prospective linux users for the mr500, you'll need the exploited firmware
to make linux work. Download from here > http://www.esnips.com/web/mrobeOrg/
Your risk though. Hope you don't mind me butting in here cat. cheers, jam.
...........................Original post follows........................................
Nothing revolutionary here.. just a better release of Linux for the m:robe.
Last updated Feb 23 00:00 GMT.Key Changes
- NO NEED TO PARTITION (see the Installing section below)
- Clock works now (bottom-right of screen)
- Battery indicator
- Power button (press once to shut down; be patient)
- Faster bootup (120 seconds)
- (v1.1) Should fix "CANNOT LOAD THIS FILE" error messages
- Download http://www.scesoc.ca/~cat/arm/mrobe/linux/mrobe-linux-1.1.zip. Jam-mod EDIT 1st aug 2007: if that dwnld link doesn't work, go here, i uploaded an identical copy > http://www.esnips.com/web/mrobeOrg/
- Unzip into the root of your m:robe (dummies....: If your mrobe is USB connected (always in cradle for the mr500....), then click 'My Computer', you will see your mrobe drive, well, the mrobe drive is = 'root' of your mrobe...) This should create a linux directory and replace User\Remix\R0000001\R0030001.svg and System\Template\T0000001\T0010001.svg.
- If you get "CANNOT LOAD THIS FILE" errors, try to rename the SVG files to the same names that were already there.
I would suggest that you go into Settings, Launcher, and disable all applets except Battery and Clock. None of the others are functional and they only slow down the startup.
You can remove prog.mrb
from the root directory if you wish.Starting Linux
- Disconnect the m:robe (properly! Use the Safely Remove Hardware tray icon).
- Once your m:robe starts up, select the Remix function and then click the first remix.
- Bootup takes about 2 minutes. Get something soft but with a small tip to use as a stylus.
Thanks goes to Shirour for helping out with a lot of this.
Please send feedback.